This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Ksuperkey needs pressing the key with a second or two

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
dileepsankhla
Registered Member
I have installed KDE Plasma 5.9 on my Arch Linux and I deleted the application launcher and then made a new panel with adding the 'application dashboard menu' launcher widget that is full screen. I then assigned it the key Alt + F1 global alternative key and after running the ksuperkey, it just worked only when pressing the meta key for a second not just directly pressing it.
I guess pressing the meta key requires another key to complete its act as a modifier but due to ksuperkey, I think it just waits for a sec for another key combination and if it doesn't happen in a second, the super key acts standalone.
Please correct me and tell me how to use the meta key without any delay without disturbing other key combinations with the meta key if I need.
Hans
Administrator
OS
Hey, author of ksuperkey here. First of all, as noted in the README, you don't really need ksuperkey in Plasma 5.8 and above - this functionality is now included by default. Secondly, ksuperkey will trigger the key event when you release the key. When you hold down the key, it'll work as a modifier, but if you press and release the key without pressing any other keys, ksuperkey will interpret it as a normal key press.

So in short: try to press and release the key quickly. There could also be a conflict with the built-in functionality that creates the delay, so you can also try to deactivate ksuperkey and see if it works.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
dileepsankhla
Registered Member
Thank you so much. Deactivating ksuperkey worked!