This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

plasma 5.12 icons, all desktops workspaces

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
pedro m
Registered Member
Hi.
First of all - BIG FAT THANK you for your qwork on greatest Linux environment (for me).

Secondly - I am using Kubuntu (now 18.04) with Plasma 5.12 (freshly installed) and I am used to have all icons on all of my desktops / screens. I am Using four screens / lcd monitors.

Now, after update to Plasma 5.12, I have Icons ONLY on my PRIMARY selected screen and onother three screen are without icons.

I wanna my icons on all desktops/screens back. It is there any way to do this ?

Thanks folks.

Petr Miskerik
airdrik
Registered Member
OS
While I don't know for sure what the details are for that (apparently the monitors are using a shared folder view or some such so that each icon only shows up on one monitor since people coming from other systems expected that behavior and complained enough that they changed it), I can suggest to you that you can just add folder view widgets to each monitor which show the desktop folder (or whatever folder(s) you wanted, really) and it should show the icons on each monitor separately again.

You might also check the desktop folder settings by right-clicking on the desktop -> Settings -> Location (or the other tabs) to see if there is a setting you can flip to get the desired behavior.

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
pedro m
Registered Member
thx for answer but there is no choice or setting possibility to set this to old fashion mode... :(
I am really sad for this....
pedro m
Registered Member
up up up
airdrik
Registered Member
OS
Well, I will point out that you can add separate Folder View widgets to each desktop all pointing to the Desktop folder.
As for getting back the old behavior, I'd recommend submitting a feature request to have the option added.

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.