This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Activity switcher steal focus after switching, doesn't hide

Tags: activity, focus, switching, hide activity, focus, switching, hide activity, focus, switching, hide
(comma "," separated)
whoopsdecade
Registered Member
The Activities switcher steal focus after I switch using meta+tab and after that it doesn't autohide. This is very annoying to me because I actually want to do away with that animation entirely but I was getting used to it hiding right after I switched. Now I have to contend with the activity switcher actually getting in the way after I switch. How can I disable this behavior?
airdrik
Registered Member
OS
I've noticed some inconsistent behavior. If I hold meta briefly after using the meta+tab shortcut to switch activities or switch multiple activities in a row then the activity switcher will usually go away. On the other hand, if I release meta and tab immediately then it will sometimes stay up and sometimes go away (possibly depending on if there are other things up?).

For sure when using the meta+tab combo it should always go away when meta is released, just like the window switcher should go away when using alt+tab to switch windows.

I'd recommend filing a bug report to bugs.kde.org to get that ironed out.

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
whoopsdecade
Registered Member
airdrik wrote:I'd recommend filing a bug report to bugs.kde.org to get that ironed out.

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=393912