This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Wrong file associations

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
tpe
Registered Member
OS

Wrong file associations

Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:08 pm
Hello,
I don't know if this is the right board to post it, so, if it's not apologies (and I kindly ask the moderators to place it at the the correct one).
So:
I have a Fedora 26 with the latest KDE installed/updated etc.
Every time Libreoffice is updated it changes the file associations for a lot of file types to be opened (be default!) from the LO apps. Of course the most annoying one is the association of PDFs with it.
Obviously, I am tired of updating the associations manually. So, in which configuration file can I change the file associations (and specifically the order of the related apps)?
compatico
Registered Member
OS

Re: Wrong file associations

Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:40 pm
tpe wrote:Obviously, I am tired of updating the associations manually. So, in which configuration file can I change the file associations (and specifically the order of the related apps)?

Go into System Settings, and find File Associations. In there you can select the file type like PDF and choose which is associated first. I have LibreOffice set second and it doesn't seem to change when LibreOffice is updated. Perhaps once it is set second, it retains that position.
tpe
Registered Member
OS

Re: Wrong file associations

Tue May 15, 2018 9:38 am
I know this route. But obviously I DON'T want to do this manually, that's why I ask for the configuration file.
LO did in my openSUSE Leap as well, so, I guess it's a bug but I have to monitor the update before reporting it.