This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDE/Plasma5 notification frustrations, any way to configure?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
TomWitt
Registered Member
OS
I recently upgraded (16.04->17.10->18.04) my primary Kubuntu system.

Sometime ago, in the 16.04 regular update schedule, the KDE (or plasma 5) notifications changed. My particular issue was with an incoming Google Hangouts audio call now required finding the particular KDE notification, then hitting 'Activate' to be able to see the 'Accept Call' window for Hangouts.

Now, with my new 18.04 desktop, I'm having an issue where Google Play Music is generating a KDE (or plasma 5) notification for EVERY song change. I didn't realize I would need to click the close button on every ... single ... KDE (or plasma 5) ... notification window to make them go away.

Is there a way to tailor or configure these notifications? Hangouts notifications get priority/automatic activation. Google Play Music notifications are automatically dismissed after 2 seconds. Something like that.

I realize that this could be an application related thing since Hangouts and Google Play Music are channeled through Chrome but ultimately it's KDE (or plasma 5) showing/hoarding the notifications.

Any pointers to relevant documentation would be greatly appreciated.