This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Disable lock screen blurring in Plasma 5.13

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
MirceaKitsune
Registered Member
OS
The plasma 5.13 update introduces a huge annoyance which I'd like to get rid of as fast as possible: Whenever I lock my screen, my lockscreen background becomes blurred and gets brighter. It's literally an indistinguishable mixture of colors that looks hideous. I had it set to an image because I wanted my lock-screen to look like a logo... now KDE has broken this simple and basic functionality, to implement an idea who's appeal I cannot comprehend >:(

I looked for a way to turn this off under Configure Desktop - Workspace - Desktop Behavior, under both the Desktop Effects and Screen Locking sections. I cannot find any way to disable it! Obviously I wish to keep the blur effect enabled throughout the system, I only want the lock screen background to stop blurring. Can anyone please help and explain how to fix this? Thank you.
MirceaKitsune
Registered Member
OS
Okay, I was being foolish and didn't properly check how this works: I had the impression the blur effect was permanent and will always be there. It only persists for roughly 5 seconds after you move the mouse, once you go idle the blur disappears and you can see the image as normal. Considering this, I'm a lot more okay with the feature now, even though I think it should be more customizable.