This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Falkon Plasma integration

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
wablynou
Registered Member

Falkon Plasma integration

Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:39 pm
Something wrong with my system or Plasma integration won't work with Falkon? It's a shame if Falkon lack of Plasma integration as a very KDE application. (Firefox, Chrome works with it.)
gefagan
Registered Member
OS

Re: Falkon Plasma integration

Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:23 pm
Trying to troubleshoot failure of plasma integration with the KDE browser brought me to your post wablynou. Thanks at least for saving me more work. Add Opera to your list of browswers that do support integration - at least the media control applet.

I really like that feature, especially when my open browser window is on some other desktop and I wish to quickly pause say to answer a phone call. Here's hoping that enabling prev/next for youtube autoplay comes soon.* -GEF

*Though if I got to vote on priorities, it'd be bringing back the work-flow support of KDE4: the dashboard for widgets like a desk-drawer to go with our desk-top, and the cube with distinct faces, a visual metaphor that leverages our monkey-brain's ability to keep track of things spatially.
airdrik
Registered Member
OS

Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:45 pm
Well, Falkon was only just recently added to KDE Applications, previously being an independent browser called Qupzilla, whose primary claim to fame was being a Qt-based web browser using up-to-date qt technologies.

As such, the full plasma integration may still be on the roadmap for it.

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
gefagan
Registered Member
OS

Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:41 am
Hi airdrik, I like Falkon/Qupzilla because it's lean, and I know that more features would slow it down, but on the short list of features to support I'd put DE and OS intergration (in my case, that'd be support for openSUSE's one-click intall format, YMP). -GEF