This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Closing Laptop Lid Disables Touchpad

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
lcronos
Registered Member
OS
I've had this issue on every distro I've ever used, on every version of Plasma I've ever used (this even dates back to the KDE 4 series). In short though, closing the lid on my laptop disables my touchpad. The issue is a little worse on 5.13 though. In previous versions if I locked my screen before closing my laptop everything was fine, however in 5.13 that trick no longer works, leaving my touchpad completely disabled. If I check synclient before and after this occurs, the `TouchpadOff` values remains the same, '2'. I know at least one other person had this issue (in response to a post I made about a year ago, here viewtopic.php?f=289&t=140825). Because that post is a year old, and since the new version of Plasma made some changes, I thought it warranted a new post.

As there was a little confusion in my previous post, I'll leave some clarifications here.
The issue seems to be that my touchpad does not get re-enabled when I open my lid again.
This issue only occurs on Plasma.