This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Plasma Wayland loaded by SDDM crashes on removing extdisplay

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
oxwivi
Registered Member
I'm a new member here, my last KDE experience was around announcement of Unity, the very slow version 3, I think. The point is, I'm very unfamiliar with it, and I don't know if the Wayland implementation is still under development or I've discovered some new bug possibly due to the operating system or DM.

I've been running Debian testing and unstable, both of them crashed when external display was accidentally removed. It's not the graceful shutdown where the opened apps are reopened. Literally everything is blank, and that is only after I flip through various `tty` before it any graphics show again.

I have not installed `plasma-workspace-wayland` on the small amount of time I used stable so I don't know if it happens there. Similarly, I don't know if the X version behaves the same way.

I want to ask your help in debugging this. I've been around on #kde to ask about the same thing, but it's pretty much zombie wasteland; hoping for a more favorable response here.