This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[SOLVED] Not have advanced mouse settings - double click

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Epidemia
Registered Member
OCD wrote:I'm a bit late to the party, but just found this problem today after I installed a new mouse that needed some tweaking. ;)

I'm on Debian 10.6 'Buster':
  • Operating System: Debian GNU/Linux 10
  • KDE Plasma Version: 5.14.5
  • Qt Version: 5.11.3
  • KDE Frameworks Version: 5.54.0
  • Kernel Version: 4.19.0-12-amd64
  • OS Type: 64-bit
I had to do a combination of adding to /etc/X11/xorg.conf as shown above:
Code: Select all
Section "InputClass"
    Identifier "evdev-mouse"
    MatchIsPointer "yes"
    Driver "evdev"
EndSection

... and install an additional package:
sudo apt install xserver-xorg-input-evdev

... then rebooted, and now I have "advanced" and "keyboard navigation" tabs.

I've just did the same on Debian 11 (testing) and it didn't work - still no Advanced tab in KDE Settings.

Are you sure you created /etc/X11/xorg.conf and not /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/xorg.conf as suggested above?
Epidemia
Registered Member
Edit by moderator: removed unnecessary quote

I have KDE Plasma 5.20.5. I switched Xorg to use the evdev driver:
[  5457.753] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'Logitech M705'

But the Mouse config section still doesn't have the Advanced tab. It's just not different what it was with the libinput driver.

Could you advuce, please?
gchavezm
Registered Member
Just posting what worked for me, in case someone finds it useful: I just installed the synaptics driver, it overrode libinput. I can see many advanced options in the mouse settings now.
lascetic
Registered Member
gchavezm wrote:Just posting what worked for me, in case someone finds it useful: I just installed the synaptics driver, it overrode libinput. I can see many advanced options in the mouse settings now.

Hi, could you please elaborate on how you did this, because the other solution didn't work for me. Please, be as detailed as possible as I am new in Kubuntu. Thanks

Update: No worries, I figured it out. I installed xserver-xorg-input-synaptics via synaptic package manager, restarted computer and now I have the mouse advanced settings as shown in pictures in previous posts on this thread.