This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Widgets don't support touch screen

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Darkmind
Registered Member
OS

Widgets don't support touch screen

Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:19 am
Hello,

I have Arch Linux with the latest updates installed on my Lenovo Yoga 510 with a touch screen. My touch pad and the screen are supported by the xf86-input-libinput, xf86-input-synpatics and Touchegg.

Everything works correctly (taps, right clicks by 2-finger tap), but Plasma 5 widgets don't recognize some of those when the touch screen is used. For example:

- Desktop doesn't recognize any clicks (cursor is positioned, but nothing happens then)
- System tray widgets respond to left click (single tap), but don't recognize right click (2-finger tap)

It only happens with the touch screen. Touch pad's right clicks work perfectly. Also, touchscreen taps are perfectly recognized by all other apps - it's just Plasma 5 widgets and desktop that have issues with the touchscreen specifically.

Does it look like a bug in Plasma 5 or there's a chance that I've misconfigured something?
udippel
Registered Member
OS
Did you find a solution for the touch screen? I'd be curious to learn how to do it ... !