This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

replace current plasma as corrupted or fix?: how to, advice

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
pwrcul
Registered Member
OS
??? My partner's laptop (Dell XPS 13 of several years back from Costco) running current Neon user with Plasma 5.14 and Frameworks 5.51 has some issues:
* minimized programs disappear and don't appear in the panel.
* updater and variants of it when you click on button for View Updates disappears. (There's a backlog of > 300 to be updated)
* there likely are more.

I am at my place now, but I may go over tonight or early next week.

I am not sure of all the steps that got it to its current state, but a non-linux advisor she hired for help with Thunderbird tweaked things...

Would it be a good idea to get rid of current Plasma and replace it? I think there is a way to do that but I did not find it in my google search.
Or are there things to do to make minimized programs show up in the panel the way they used to?
I found a way to update using commands but I will have to search for it again, but if you have a preferred way I am interested.

Neon Plasma 5.20 User on 1 desktop and on Asus Transformer 3 Pro laptop. Win10 in VirtualBox for JMP stat package. Still 5.19 on older desktop.