This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Plasmoids not visible on desktop

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
equaeghe
Registered Member
OS

Plasmoids not visible on desktop

Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:37 am
I haven't really used plasmoids (desktop widgets) before, but want to try them out. However, it seems that when I add one, they are not visible. Sometimes one appears for a moment, but I don't know why (mouse hovering?) and also I can interact with them (tried with the analog clock: right-click works, clicking brings up month view widget) if I find where they are. So it seems they are there, but just hidden. Should I press a shortcut to make them visible (temporarily)?
airdrik
Registered Member
OS
That is odd. Plasmoids usually have well-defined backgrounds or at least should always be visible (unless they are blending in with the background too well).
Try changing the desktop theme under System Settings -> Workspace Theme -> Desktop Theme to see if the problem is with some specific theme or is more general.
You may also try changing the desktop layout by right-clicking on the background -> Desktop Settings -> Layout (options should include Folder View which displays the contents of ~/Desktop in addition to plasmoids and Desktop which only shows plasmoids).

Screenshots of what you are seeing will be helpful in understanding what may be going on.

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
equaeghe
Registered Member
OS
After a restart, the plasmoids appeared. Not sure what the problem was, but it seems to have solved itself.