This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

New user having fun after changing mouse buttons order..

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
slinkyhippedmc
Registered Member
Hello, I'm new here, I've used KDE software for the last few years and love it all.

I've recently installed Neon (it's version 5), it's all fine except I have somehow changed the mouse buttons so a right click pastes and so does the middle (scroll) button.

I've spent an hour trying to figure out where it was I managed to change this but I can't find it now, in display/mouse/shortcuts/keyboard layout, you name it. it doesn't come up in searches either, or is in the manual (where I can find it).

Please help, my screen is peppered with empty notes.. :-)

Robin.
slinkyhippedmc
Registered Member
Oh dear.. I'm having a feeling nobody else knows the answer to this question.. :|
airdrik
Registered Member
OS
Sometimes it takes more than a few days for the right users to see a given post. Reading your other post, at least you figured it out.
After reading your first post, I was figuring it was either that you'd remapped them in Desktop Settings or you somehow at a more base OS level remapped the buttons; though if you'd done it at the base OS level you had to have known enough of what you were doing to get out of it. The ability to remap the mouse buttons (and change the menu structure) in Desktop Settings is precisely why that "Desktop Toolbox" menu button on the desktop exists so that you always have a way to get to those menu items in case a naive user messes up their settings.

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.