This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Rebooting

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
zoodany
Registered Member

Rebooting

Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:42 am
Sometimes I find difficult to reboot either from the widget and from the application launcher.
If I click on "reboot" nothing happen. The only way to do that is through terminal.
Once i reboot the system everything (application launcher and the widget) works fine. Is that some sort of bug?
airdrik
Registered Member
OS

Re: Rebooting

Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:00 pm
There is a well known bug relating to something that happens when kde/plasma libraries and/or apps are updated causing in library reference discrepancies which result in degraded funtionality, which is why it's a good idea to reboot after running updates (whenever it suggests a reboot is needed)

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
zoodany
Registered Member

Re: Rebooting

Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:36 am
Thank you very much for your answer.

I have a similar problem with my little son laptop. It runs KDE neon as well and everytime he let his laptop "suspend" the session he won't be able to reactivate the desktop. The only option he has is to mechanically switch off the laptop and switch it on again as the computer won't recognize any input from mouse or keyboard. Is it still related to the same bug?