This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Notifications, Copy / Move, And Downloads

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mrgrimm
Registered Member
OS
i'm loving plasma but there are a couple of issues i would like addressed. they have to do with notifications for items i don't need notifications for. first one is i do not need notifications for copying or moving files / folders, i'd rather have the copy / move dialog popup progress dialog on the desktop. the second one is i do not need notifications tracking my downloads and telling me they're done when the browsers do a fine job of that themselves. thanks

KDE Neon 64 Bit On Kernel 5.1, 430 nVidia Driver
Asus 970 Gaming/Aura, AMD FX 6300, 16Gig DDR3,
Samsung 120Gig 850 EVO, AOC 29" Ultra Wide 2560x1080, nVidia 750Ti,
USB 3 Card, Drives 2TB, 1.5TB, 1TB / 750Gig, 500Gig
Rog131
Registered Member
If you are using the plasma desktop then the plasma desktop is capturing Dolphin/kio notifications. You could enable the Dolphin/kio notification from the plasma settings: viewtopic.php?f=66&t=152785#p399772

If you are using the Plasma browser integration plugin/extension then there should be settings to disable/enable the notifications in the plugin/extension settings...

There is a new notification plasmoid planned: https://phabricator.kde.org/D20266