This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Where is the setting of notification time?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
thikedgatefoxe
In Xfce, notifications have settings that can change the display position and display time.
Where are these in KDE? There was neither system setting nor taskbar notification setting.
The notification on copy completion takes place especially at the top right.
I want the notification to disappear in a short time.
Until the notification disappears, it interferes with the operation of the window near the upper right of the screen.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Copy slightly larger files to another directory.
2. You will be notified when the copy is complete.
3. Copy multiple large files so that multiple lines will be displayed, and display notices more intentionally
Until the notification disappears, the operation of the window hidden in the notification is disturbed

OBSERVED RESULT
I do not want to hide notifications.
Where is the setting to turn off the notification in a short time?
Notification is required, but it should be done so that the operation is not disturbed.

EXPECTED RESULT
Set time for notification to disappear in a short time.
Setting to select notification display position from upper right, upper left, lower right, lower left.
Kadilov
Registered Member
Position: right click on a notification widget (notification counter, appears in a tray by default) when it is present, click configure, here it is.
For timings I had no personal experience with that, but according to this thread
https://www.reddit.com/r/kde/comments/7 ... ions_stay/
it is set buy an app that sends it, so theoretically it could be configured but Plasma does not have settings for its system notifications. Can be globally overridden through editing of Plasma internal value.
thikedgatefoxe
Well, kdeplasma desktop has been updated by this update.
While confirming, I confirmed that notification settings were also added! =)
If you are troubled as well. You can find an icon that you can go to the setting screen by clicking the notification on the taskbar. It's great!

And @ Kadilov.
Thank you for teaching me. Thank you for your help.