This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

make my changes permanents

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
lroggerone
Registered Member

make my changes permanents

Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:02 pm
Hi guys , Im using plasma since few weeks , it is amazing what you can do with it.
There is a setting I can not accomplish.
I want to complete remove the default panel (where is the application launcher, task manager and system tray) from desktop.
I can do it by clicking on the panel setting icon , "more settings" and "remove panel".
This totally clean the desktop like I want but after rebooting panels come back.

Btw: wallpaper is ok after reboot.

So:
How can I do my changes permanents?
How can I block anyone to change my settings ?
How can I save or manage my changes in a file?

Any advice would be great.
airdrik
Registered Member
OS

Re: make my changes permanents  Topic is solved

Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:33 pm
The plasma desktop layout information is stored in ~/.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc. To prevent Plasma from overwriting it when you make your changes make sure you close down plasmashell (log out of plasma and log into another session type such as xfce, lxde or gnome is recommended). The file is long and a bit complicated so you'll want to create a backup in case things go awry. In the file, search for the [Containments][$containmentId] section having "plugin=org.kde.panel" corresponding to the panel you want to remove. Remove that section and any other sections starting with that same [Containments][$containmentId] (which refer to the different widgets belonging to the panel)

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.