This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Have to keep "Super" pressed to open Start Menu

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
leoneiva
Registered Member
Hi there!
I have an issue with plasma.
To open start menu, i have to keep "Super" key pressed.
If just press Super, the menu opens and closes by itself in an eye blink.

Attached picture of how shortcut to open Start Menu is configured.

Thanks

Mamarok
Manager
OS
Hm, what is the "Super" key, you mean Shift? Normally the menu should open and close with the Windows key (usually between Ctrl and Alt).

FWIW: it is always useful to give your Plasma version and distribution when asking for help.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
leoneiva
Registered Member
Mamarok wrote:Hm, what is the "Super" key, you mean Shift? Normally the menu should open and close with the Windows key (usually between Ctrl and Alt).

FWIW: it is always useful to give your Plasma version and distribution when asking for help.

Super key i mean Windows key.

The point is if release Windows key the menu closes.
It is annoying.

-KDE PLASMA 5.16.3
-Ubuntu 19.04 x86_64
-Kernel: 5.0.0-21-generic

Thank you!
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Strange, it does just open the Menu here, and closes on the next hit (see signature for distro and Plasma version)

Did you change anything in the advanced Keyboard settings that could cause a conflict? Which Theme do you use? Do you use an alternate Dock like Latte? Do you have any conflicting shortcut from another Desktop manager? Usually Gnome and KDE do not use the same, so there might be a conflict there. I use Kubuntu and Plasma only.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
leoneiva
Registered Member
Mamarok wrote:Strange, it does just open the Menu here, and closes on the next hit (see signature for distro and Plasma version)

Did you change anything in the advanced Keyboard settings that could cause a conflict?

After installing KDE Plasma 2 weeks ago, i figured out the Windows key was not working.
I just followed this tutorial and the Windows key started working( only for 2 weeks).
https://www.vivaolinux.com.br/dica/KDE-Ativando-abertura-do-lancador-de-aplicativos-com-tecla-Super

Today i just disabled the "keycode 133=F15" from the turorial and its OK again.

Thank you very much!