This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

LibreOffice buttons not visible

Tags: plasma, themes, libreoffice plasma, themes, libreoffice plasma, themes, libreoffice
(comma "," separated)
Occhioverde03
Registered Member
OS

LibreOffice buttons not visible

Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:36 pm
Good morning.
On my computer with Manjaro KDE I recently installed LibreOffice to be able to create and edit documents.
The program generally works well on Plasma, except for a problem that, although not too serious, is quite annoying: the buttons and icons of the program are completely invisible, apparently due to the fact that they are displayed black on black.

I therefore thought that the problem could be due to the color scheme of the theme, not completely compatible with LibreOffice (PearDark), but I could not find any information on how to "exclude" a certain application from the default view to load it with another theme, so I would like to ask you if there is a way to solve this problem.
I thank you in advance for your help.
airdrik
Registered Member
OS
Libreoffice has it's own theme management that tries (and actually does a fairly decent job at) matching the system theme. It does, however, provide its own Icon styles which must be selected separately from the system Icon theme.Under Tools -> Options -> LibreOffice > View, you can select the Icon style, and may need to select Breeze (dark) which is designed for use on dark color schemes.

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
Occhioverde03
Registered Member
OS

Re: LibreOffice buttons not visible

Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:18 pm
Problem solved!
Thanks a lot!