This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Strange scaling issues after today's upgrade

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
tungtanium
Registered Member
Hi guys,

I am experiencing a very strange issue after running today's upgrade. Please take a look at the following imgur link
https://imgur.com/a/1n2xa4B

See the window's title bar now is way too big, also the icons on desktop. I have reset the Display scaling to 1.0 and no Force DPI on fonts at all. My screen is a 27" 4K. I have been always setting the UI scale to 1.4 but after today upgrade, I noticed the weirdness. So I revert the Display scaling to 1.0 and disable Force DPI on fonts.

I have restarting the computer for a few times but issues still there. Seems like something in the latest update causing issue.

Can someone help me out to resolve this?

Cheers,

Last edited by tungtanium on Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
tungtanium
Registered Member
UPDATES: I have managed to figured out what happen.

For some reasons, after today's update, there might be some internal changes in KDE which made enlarge my Desktop icons, title bar icons, etc. I had to mananually set it back.

As mentioning before, I have always been setting my Scale display to 1.4 and force some Font DPI for my screen. After this update, it seems like I only need to force my font DPI with no need to adjust Display scale, I can achieve the scaling I want.