This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Unity3D games not working on KDE Plasma

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
sudosugus
Registered Member
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this or not, so I am sorry if this the wrong place. My problem is when I try to run games that were made in Unity3D, I can't exit them unless I log out by Ctrl + Alt + Del (Task Switcher and Alt + F4 doesn't work). Some games also freeze when I open them. I've tried them on Xfce and these issues don't show up. My guess is that these issues have to do with GTK and Qt. I'm using Kubuntu 18.04. Also sorry for the terrible grammar and sentence structures.
amgmnplk
Registered Member
I have also problems with both softwares. I have problems with the Unity3D menu and the global menu of Plasma desktop panels, it seems to run for a few but after some use (minutes) it disappears.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
amgmnplk wrote:I have also problems with both softwares. I have problems with the Unity3D menu and the global menu of Plasma desktop panels, it seems to run for a few but after some use (minutes) it disappears.

which exact distribution and Plasma version is this about?... if you are using Neon, I suggest changing, as Neon is a KDE showcase, not a distribution, and there is no guarantee that anything not KDE related will work.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...