This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

No forbid grouping option in Icons-only Task Manager

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
petercornelis
Registered Member
A lacking feature which annoys me with KDE is that when you use the "Icons-only Task Manager" there is no option to always forbid grouping of tasks. In the "Task Manager" that option is available but I dislike that layout. This doesn't make any sense to me because icons take up a lot less space then the rectangular items with text-labels in "Task Manager". There is no need for grouping. Could the developers of KDE please add an option to always forbid grouping? It is rather annoying to have to set that for each program separately, it forces the user to use the mouse much more than what is necessary and one of the strengths of KDE Plasma in general is that you mostly can avoid using the mouse in the Desktop-environment.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Please file a wish on https://bugs.kde.org, the forum is the wrong place to ask for it.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...