This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

restore screen settings from a batch-script

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
piotr5
Registered Member
there is a game that once set to full-screen alters resolution to the one set in the game-configuration and further sets both displays to the same resolution in mirror-mode. once the game exists, one display is showing the desktop cut off at the left side, the other has the top cut off. to get back to normal I need to go to settings and in kscreen settings I move the latter monitor to the right and restore its 16:9 screen-size, and on the former I must set a fitting 5:4 screen-size too. now I'd like to aotomate this process in a batch-file to get executed after I exit the game. obviously I need to restore a backup of .local/share/kscreen/bb*45b and after the next login screen dimensions are back to normal. alternatively I could probably find the correct parameters for kscreen-doctor. however, obviously kde does know how to set the screen-resolutions and positioning from a configuration-file. how does it do that? any way to trigger re-loading the configuration and applying those changes from a script? would make altering those changes much more easy than going the kscreen-doctor way...

also, what about window-positioning? all windows get moved to the right side since they originated from the right screen beyond the mirrored screen-area. can I store and restore windows positions from commandline too? what about applets and icons on my desktop? any way to store and restore their position?