This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Cursor theme changes in Spotify and Discord

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Adutchman
Registered Member
See photos below:
Image This is an example of my normal cursor.

Image And this is an example of my cursor in Spotify and this change is exactly the same for discord.

I think it has something to do with Electron since both apps look suspiciously like their web counterparts and Discord even opens a web console when you press CTR+SHIFT+I.

Does anyone know how to make the cursor consistent?
Thank you all in advance,
Adutchman
Mamarok
Manager
OS
are you sure you want a black cursor on black? The outlined cursor is needed against the dark background, else you wouldn't see it.

FWIW: you didn't specify which exact Plasma version you use, and which exact Plasma theme is in use. Knowing your distribution is also useful, makes the life of us support people easier...

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Adutchman
Registered Member
Thank you for your response! With black I meant as it is now, namely black with a white outline, I should have specified that. I use the latest KDE NEON (with kde 5.17) with Breeze Dark and Papirus Dark as my icon pack. My main concern is not with changing my cursor per se but that it is consistent between Spotify, discord and all the other programs.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Hm, I don't know which exact framework Spotify and Discord are developed with, but they might have hard-coded cursors that will not obey the Plasma settings. Remember that both are NOT KDE-made applications. So unless a third-party application is using our frameworks or uses GTK development rules there is not much we can do about.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
jeanfrancoishicter
Registered Member
OS
I have the exact same issue.
After changing the theme to ChromeOS Dark, this bug appeared.
When I go back to Dark Breeze, everything is back okay.

Is there any way to fix this?
It ruins the theme global aesthetics...

:(

Solution

I uninstalled snap packages and installed deb packages.
Snap is the problem...