This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Display of the progress of a task in the task bar

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Pafrape
Registered Member
OS
Hello,

Previously in Plasma, I had managed to display in the task bar, a tab displaying the evolution of operations, especially when copying and pasting files, ....
This indicated precisely the details of the operation, the time remaining, ...

After a complete reinstallation of my system, I can no longer install this function.
The operation appears well in the notifications, but I wish I could make it appears in the taskbar.

Thank you for your help.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
When doing such operations in Dolphin, the Dolphin button in the taskbar displays a sliding green shade (with Breeze dark theme) showing the progress, is that what you mean?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Pafrape
Registered Member
OS
Hello,
Thank you for your reply.
It is not only a progress bar, but a new tab which indicates the evolution of the detailed task, the time remaining, the possibility of pausing it, ...
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Ah, the Notifications widget, that is not the task bar in the Panel, it is an individual widget with a bell icon, you can just add this to the panel.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Pafrape
Registered Member
OS
Thank you for the answer.
What is the name of this widget ?
Mamarok
Manager
OS
it is called "Notifications widget" :-)