This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Event Calendar locks up Plasma

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Eazy
Registered Member
OS

Event Calendar locks up Plasma

Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:48 pm
Hi!
I like Event Calendar plasmoid (https://store.kde.org/p/998901/) and find it very useful. Since I upgraded to (new install) of Debian 10.2 Event Calendar no longer works properly. It installs and it starts, but when I rightclick to go to settings, the settings frezes. The windows duplicates whats on the desktop and I have to ctrl+alt+delete and log out. I made a screenshoot of how it looks when the settings window comes up: http://www.bronsaldersvagen.se/Eazy/eventc.png

I tried to run it in a console to see if I could see some error message and I saw only this:
Code: Select all
file:///usr/share/plasma/shells/org.kde.plasma.desktop/contents/configuration/AppletConfiguration.qml:133:9: QML RowLayout: Detected anchors on an item that is managed by a layout. This is undefined behavior; use Layout.alignment instead.

I don't know if that error message has something to do with my problem.

When I installed KDE, I installed "plasma-desktop" as I wanted a slim install of KDE. Could the problem be that I miss a dependency needed by Event Calendar?

Edit:
Some information:
Fresh Debian 10,2 Stable also tested on Fresh Debian 10,2 Testing
Using Nvidia gfx and tried both nvidia-drivers from repository and from Nvidia's site (.run)
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Event Calendar locks up Plasma

Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:43 pm
Since this is a Third-Party provided widget, you should report in to its author, in the store.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Eazy
Registered Member
OS

Re: Event Calendar locks up Plasma

Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:54 pm
Mamarok wrote:Since this is a Third-Party provided widget, you should report in to its author, in the store.

I did report it on git Event Calendar. Asked here in case someone else might had the same problem and maybe solved it.