This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Launch plasma fullscreen dashboard via terminal / command

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
corus
Registered Member
Hi,
I'm new to KDE and I have recently tried Latte Dock which has an application button for the plasma dashboard but Latte dock does not provide everything I need so I switched back to Cairo dock.
As far as I understand the plasma dashboard is part of KDE and not a feature of latte dock, so I wonder if there is a method to launch the Dashboard by a terminal command so I can add a button to Cairo dock.
I've already searched the web but all I could find was a command to launch the standard start menu.

Thanks.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
"Application Dashboard" is a widget, you should be able to just add it.

FWIW: please see the red text in my signature...

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
corus
Registered Member
Thanks for the hint with the widget. But is there a way to trigger the widget by terminal?
I'm on the latest KDE neon user edition with plasma 5.17.5.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
maybe the hint is in https://www.reddit.com/r/kde/comments/a ... dashboard/: I don't know for Cairo dock, but running it from the Latte dock should be feasible with this command:
Code: Select all
qdbus org.kde.lattedock /Latte activateLauncherMenu

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
corus
Registered Member
I already read the post on reddit (also others I found on google) I also tried it but it didn't work. I also had a quick look into the source of latte-dock on github how it trigger the dashboard but I didn't find anything.
It's not this important, I just thought there would be a command or a script to trigger the dashboard.
But anyway thanks for your help @Mamarok