This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Latte-dock launcher and its window are not associated

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
corus
Registered Member
Hi,
I would like to switch from cairo-dock to latte-dock since I've switched to KDE neon (5.17, Plasma 5.17.5) but one of the biggest issue for me is that the launcher is not associated to the window.
With the help of the LatteDock/FAQ I've read to edit the .desktop file and add the StartupWMClass to the window.
I tried this yesterday for more then a hour to assign the StartupWMClass to a wine program. I tried a lot with different Exec and StartupWMClass arguments, logout, restart latte-dock but nothing worked.
At the end I thought it has to be related to wine but then I had the same problem with my VNC-Viewer.desktop file, its not getting associated to the window.

Code: Select all
[Desktop Entry]
Name=VNC-Viewer
Exec=java -jar /home/corus/vnc_viewer/tightvnc-jviewer.jar -host=192.168.131.112 -port=5900
Comment=
Terminal=false
Icon=gnome-remote-desktop
Type=Application
StartupWMClass=com-glavsoft-viewer-Viewer

[Desktop Entry]
Name=PokerStars.eu
Exec=wine "/home/corus/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/PokerStars.EU/PokerStarsUpdate.exe"
Type=Application
Icon=/home/corus/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/PokerStars.EU/Gx/ico.png
StartupWMClass=pokerstars.exe

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? I'm getting the WM_CLASS(STRING) with the help from xprop. With cairo-dock I don't have the problem.

I'm thankful for every help or hint to solve the problem.