This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Stop task manager icons from moving around?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
aboldhog
Registered Member
They change position when I open them, makes it less intuitive for me. Is there an option to lock them in place so they don't move when clicked/opened?
claydoh
Registered Member
OS
I will assume that you have the applications pinned in the task manager? This is the default action for dragging a program icon to it. A pinned icon turns into a taskbar entry, so it sort of does 'move', and return to their spot when closed.

if you want a static icon, instead of dragging or pinning, right click on the menu item and select "add to panel (widget)".

claydoh, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct, and KDE user since 2001
aboldhog
Registered Member
claydoh wrote:I will assume that you have the applications pinned in the task manager? This is the default action for dragging a program icon to it. A pinned icon turns into a taskbar entry, so it sort of does 'move', and return to their spot when closed.

if you want a static icon, instead of dragging or pinning, right click on the menu item and select "add to panel (widget)".

Thanks.