This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Brightness and Brightness control function keys not working.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
problematic
Registered Member
I just reinstalled my system. During KDE install, we have multiple ways to install KDE.

plasma (install the whole KDE)

Plasma-meta(meta pack)

Plasma-desktop( it Just provides desktop and nothing else. Minimal install).

Last time I went with 1st option, but this time i choose 3rd for a minimal install. And logging in almost i sorted everything except

brightness control

Hotkeys are not working for brightness.

If i install whole KDE(1st option ), everything works fine, but with 3rd Many were missing like network and other. Somehow i managed to sort everything except above two.
Any idea which package should i install from the whole Plasma Package for brightness and hotkey.

Earlier Audio control and the network was not working to I installed
**plasma-nm**
**plasma-pa**

Now i unable to guess the required package for brightness control.

https://www.archlinux.org/groups/x86_64/plasma/

This is the whole plasma pack. From this bunch, can anyone guess which package among those 44 would be for brightness control and brightness control hotkeys.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
How about asking your distro? The packaging is done by the distribution, not by us, so if you have missing packages you need to talk to your distro.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...