This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDE4 upgrade to KDE5 (FreeBSD up 11 to 12)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
WCSN
Registered Member
OS
Hi guys... I make upgrade: freebsd-update upgrade -r ... ; pkg upgrade ; portsnap update; make mesa* make drm-kmod for 12.1 ; make xf85-...-amdgpu - OS after update work very normal
Problem have with КDE5 (12.1): System Settings (systemsettings5) if I get new wallpapers, themes, icons and etc. get error: "Error load providers from file: (url).kde.org/ocs/" ...
If FreeBSD12.1+KDE5 install to VmWare work all normal. VmWare install into on this system too.
Thanks.

Russian:
Доброго други... Проаргрейдил КДЕ4 до КДЕ5 (FreeBSD 12) при попытках скачать обои, темы, и типа того из systemsettings5 получаю ошибку: "Ошибка загрузки поставщиков из файла: (url).kde.org/ocs/"
Полагаю остались старые настройки от КДЕ4 ... Куда копать и где искать "конф" файлы?
Поставленная свежая F12 и КДЕ5 на другой раздел этого же компа (и в витруалку на нём же) - работает полностью нормально ... но пока переносить всё на новую инсталляцию не хочу: слишком много настроек придётся делать для "своей" рабочей среды...
airdrik
Registered Member
OS
Apparently there are intermittent issues on the server, but you can double-check the settings you have in the /etc/xdg/*.knsrc files. The ProvidersUrl should be set to https://download.kde.org/ocs/providers.xml.

The issue has been brought up a few times before in these forums. One that probably has the most information is:
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=140113&p=375631#p375631

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
WCSN
Registered Member
OS
airdrik wrote:Apparently there are intermittent issues on the server, but you can double-check the settings you have in the /etc/xdg/*.knsrc files. The ProvidersUrl should be set to https://download.kde.org/ocs/providers.xml.

The issue has been brought up a few times before in these forums. One that probably has the most information is:
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=140113&p=375631#p375631

I copy all contents dir xdg to /usr/local/etc/xdg (FreeBSD :) ) from other (and normal worked) FreeBSD system (FreeBSD 12.1 + kde5 too)
but... not have effect - error persistent again... :)

I think what need reinstall OS... :( without on small details :(