This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Problems with Discover

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
lyonwolf
Registered Member

Problems with Discover

Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:16 pm
Good morning, a few days ago wanting to eliminate some ppa that were not working inadvertently I eliminated some that are essential for the operation of Plasma Discover so since then it says to me "Please, check the connectivity", the problem is that I do not know what they are And it would be very helpful if someone knows what the ppa are for its correct operation so that I do not have to reinstall the entire system that has been using it for almost a year now without problems. Thank you

Image Image

PD: I don't know if there is a specific place for this topic, I would appreciate it if you move it to the right place.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Problems with Discover

Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:37 pm
instead of a screenshot that tiny, could please just paste the content of your /etc/apt/sources.list? I can't read anything in that picture

BTW: your picture only shows "Other software", not the full sources list, check in the first folder called "Ubuntu sources" what you have checked there. I doubt you removed anything essential if you didn't edit the sources.list file directly.

As for your connectivity: that has nothing to do with Source editing, check you have not disabled your internet connection. Doing a version upgrade often unchecks the WiFi, might just be the root of your problem.

It would also be quite helpful to tell us your exact Plasma version and distribution.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...