This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Too many notifications in systray area from Discover

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
NerOscuro
Registered Member
OS
Hello, when the "Updates" icon in the systemtray is pressed , the program "Discover" obviously starts downloading the list of the updates from Debian repositories, but if the program window is closed, then the systemtray notification area is filled so much with pop-up messages belonging to Discover, that my laptop begins to slow down. Just to get an idea of what's happening, give a look at my screenshot.
I don't know if this can be considered a bug, but what I would like is to disable this kind of notifications that are meaningless to me and get along with Discover.
https://imgur.com/gallery/ac6iI3w
Mamarok
Manager
OS
In System Settings -> Personalisation -> Notifications -> Applications: Configure.. disable the notifications for Discover

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
NerOscuro
Registered Member
OS
Thank you Mamarok, I tried your suggestion so I disabled Discover notifications entirely but the pop-up messages keep going. I think it is something underlying to Discover that is generating the messages, the author is "kded5".
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Try disabling the low priority pop-ups

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
NerOscuro
Registered Member
OS
That's it! Thank you!