This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Latest KDE Update Makes Desktop Load Very Slowly

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ZaheenJ
Registered Member
Operating System: Arch Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.18.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.69.0
Qt Version: 5.14.2
Kernel Version: 5.6.6-arch1-1
OS Type: 64-bit
Processors: 8 × Intel® Core™ i5-9300H CPU @ 2.40GHz
Memory: 7.6 GiB of RAM
(GPU: Nvidia 1660 ti with max q design)
After I updated and rebooted, I logged in and got past the splash screen, but had to wait around 20 seconds for latte dock or notifications to appear. I could still open a terminal in the time between login and loading of the desktop. As soon as the desktop loaded, I got a message saying "file system mounted at / not responding", but after the desktop loaded, I didn't notice any other strange behavior that never happened before. Now when I startup and wait, it no longer gives me the file system not responding message.
ZaheenJ
Registered Member
Reinstalling kde fixed it, sorry for the false alarm.
solaslux
Registered Member
I have a similar setup but reinstalling plasma has not solved the issue.

I'm not sure where to look for what might be hanging. Where would a log for this particular issue be?

Thanks
Mamarok
Manager
OS
solaslux wrote:I have a similar setup but reinstalling plasma has not solved the issue.

I'm not sure where to look for what might be hanging. Where would a log for this particular issue be?

Thanks

Similar as in? Please be more detailed in your description of the problem, especially the exact specifications of Plasma and distribution.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...