This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

I dont see apps' icons at right side of panel

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
gezgin
Registered Member
hello, i dont see apps icons at right side of panel anymore, but i coused this probably withouth understand, im using 3 panels at bottom with autohide, i guess setting panels like this coused that. but idk how to fix, even if i add new panel it doesnt show apps icons ar right side. example : kget, simple screen recorder. is there a widget for that? if not how can i fix this?
also after that icon problem i cant see kget, it try to open but close itself, but when i check task manager i can see it there, also it seems it runs cuz i can download torrent files with it but i cant see its face anyway.
also i tried new user at system, at new user everything is fine, i dont have those problems.
i also tried to add new panels, i have same icon problem on them too, even thought they r new they dont show telegram-kget-flameshot-simple screen recorder... icon at right side near system tray widget.
is there a way to solve my problems?
claydoh
Registered Member
OS
Do you mean the System Tray itself is missing, with the networking icon, sound, etc?

The System Tray is a widget, so right click on the panel, then Add Widgets

claydoh, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct, and KDE user since 2001
gezgin
Registered Member
Sure i tried that and tried lots of things like i wrote, like i said it s only apps' icons that i dont see, not other icons at system tray widget.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
You probably removed the Task Manager from the panel, which is also a widget.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
gezgin
Registered Member
Task manager s another widget that shows apps, yes. but my problem is not there. i can see apps at task manager but like i said i cant see their icons at right side of panel which s near/in system tray widget.
gezgin
Registered Member

I found how to show images here. I'm going to try to descripe my problem better now.
At image you can see i have 3 panels at bottom.
Left panel for app launcher and workspaces, middle panel for task manager, right panel for some widgets including system tray widget.
As image shows even thought telegram is running and task manager widget is showing telegram, we cant see telegram icon at right panel.
I have that problem for other applications whose put their icon to right side of panel.
>>>Even if i create new panel i still have those problems.<<<
After this problem showed itself i also cant open Kget application window, i can understand it runs because i can download torrent files and i can see "kget" KSysguard but i cant open its window... so i cant use it normally.
These are my problems, i'm waiting for your help. Have a nice day!
claydoh
Registered Member
OS
So your task manager is on the middle panel, correct?, and the right panel has your Systray.

I assume kget has a systray icon ( I have not used it in many years now)
What seem to be missing for you is the arrow on the Systray, usually on the right side, which shows hidden or background/inactive items

I see a small space between the systray and the edge of the screen, I wonder if your plasma theme, or icon set is missing this, or the color is simply similar to the background. Can you click in that blank area? In any case, right-click there and check the systray settings, maybe things have somehow become set to hidden. But even then there will be an arrow there, I believe.

Or your panel is too narrow, I seem to be able to reproduce this (at least somewhat), and it shows only a few items, half of which I have marked to be hidden hidden. Note the arrow is now missing

claydoh, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct, and KDE user since 2001
gezgin
Registered Member
I checked that blank space at my right panel but it is just a panel space, empty with no widget, i dont know why it is like that.
Let me show you new created maia panel, at this image you can see there is no telegram icon at right side of panel.
At my designed panel which i showed before with image here, there is no arrow at system tray because i configured it to not use.
But at new maia panel i just created you can see there is arrow at system try and there is still no kget icon even thought it is running.
you can see kget app is running and even downloading torrent file with looking KSysguard at image.
claydoh
Registered Member
OS
No idea, then. The only thing that I can think of is that Kget has been configured to NOT use the system tray, and that there is no Task Manager widget in a panel. It is the only way i can get it to act similar to what you see. But if you do have a Task manager in your panels, I dunno.

Does alt-tab cycle though your running programs, and show Kget?

gezgin
Registered Member
No, i dont see kget when i do atl+tab.
Thanks for trying to help, maybe these posts will be usefull for someone to fix those problems.
anotheruser
Registered Member
you may remove all the existing panels then reboot & thereafter create a new a panel & see whether the problem persists or not.
gezgin
Registered Member
I removed all panels like you suggested and closed pc with power button, and opened again.
Checked if it work with new panel.
It didnt work...
anotheruser
Registered Member
gezgin wrote:I removed all panels like you suggested and closed pc with power button, and opened again.
Checked if it work with new panel.
It didnt work...

enable 'always show all entries' under system tray settings &(if possible then reboot) check again.

If that doesn't resolve your problem then remove system tray from current activity. Then create a new activity & there add system tray & check again.

It seems all your problem starts after you configured the system tray not to show that arrow(hidden icons).
gezgin
Registered Member
"enable 'always show all entries' under system tray settings &(if possible then reboot) check again." i tried this and smilars already, didnt work.
I dont know what is "activity" but i even removed all panels and restarted pc and created new panel, it also didnt work.
I also think as you guessed.
gezgin
Registered Member
I didnt think this was a hard error to overcome, isnt this just icon to show? isnt this so common to use? i couldnt guess this case would took so much time to be done.
I did so much thing to make ready this user account as my wish. Do i really have to use a new user account? is this how we can solve problems? just open new one...
im near of giving up really, i already tried many things before coming here. I didnt come here empty handed but still it takes this much additional effort to solve an icon problem.
i think this s easy task for a lot of guys here but they just ignore me or dont even look. I feel bad after spending this much time while waiting a fix at both telegram groub and forum of kde, really... if you think i dont make sense, just look telegram chat, i just asked what s "activity" to understand better last message here from someone who want to help
but its been about 4 hours noone answered or even talked there, im starting to think they just kicked me from group because there s 600 member of that group.