This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Icons-Only Task Manager look customizaton

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
magunto
Registered Member
Hello,

I hope I am posting this questions in the right place.
I have just installed kubuntu2004 and enjoying do far. After some customization it looks familiar to previous WinOS, which I guess is good for learning linux OS.

I have a question for customizing the look of Icons-Only Task Manager (I like this view most)
1. Is there a way to move the icons more apart from each other, so there is more space between them? This is about visual and practical reason - it would be easier to click if they were more separated. Like in gnome dash-to-panel look gives more space between them.
2. Is there a way to change the size of icons in Icon-Only view, without changing the size of the panel?
Something similar I saw in Linux Mint - possibility to size the icons and change padding.
3. Is there a way to add a visual progress bar on the icon, when application is doing something - for example when file manager is copying and it takes a while, I switch to a different window to do something else, but I would like to see progress of the task on the icon to know when to switch back again.

Thanks!
magunto
darhma
Registered Member
OS
You can try Latte Dock: https://userbase.kde.org/LatteDock
It can be used as a dock or as a panel and it can surely accomplish the point 1 and 2 but I don't know if it can accomplish also the third