This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

What is this launcher shortcut and how do I remove it?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
michal_kurz
Registered Member
This shortctut shows up in my application launcher when I search for "webstorm" keyword - I probably added it myself some time ago, but don't remember how. It used to open WebStorm2019. I rently removed WebStorm2019 (replaced it with WebStorm2020), but the shortcut is still there and I don't know how to get rid of it. Right clicking doesn't provide with any options beside "Run in terminal window", which doesn't seem to do anything useful. What is this shortcut and how can I get rid of it?

Mamarok
Manager
OS
Probably triggered by WebStorm or its previous installment, are you sure you removed all left-overs? I very much doubt this is Plasma related at all.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
michal_kurz
Registered Member
Mamarok wrote:Probably triggered by WebStorm or its previous installment, are you sure you removed all left-overs? I very much doubt this is Plasma related at all.

You were right! I tracked it down, it was a file in /usr/bin. I thought i must have had something to do with Plasma because of the weird context menu (other files at least offered the "display containing folder" option) - but I was wrong. I guess it was caused by the file's location - or maybe it was a symlink and the launcher does this for those. Either way I got rid of the launcher entry and I'm happy. Thanks! :)