This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Can't stop notifications to hang my auto-hide taskbar.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
napoleonthecake
Registered Member
OS
I absolutely love notification system on KDE, but one thing that I've tried to google till page 10 is haunting me. I have auto-hide taskbar and whenever I receive notification, app on another screen is popping and keeps taskbar over my maximized app till I open that app. Any way to disable that behaviour so app won't be highlighted on taskbar? Closest thing I've found is Settings > Notifications > Application progress & Notification badges both unchecked near Show in task manager. On screenshot my Telegram is keeping autohide taskbar from closing.

Fedora Workstation 32.
Plasma 5.18.5.
Framework 5.68.0.
Qt 5.13.2.

Thanks to all of you.

Mamarok
Manager
OS
System Settings -> Personalisation -> Notifications -> Applications: Configure... you can set individual configuration for the applications. Unfortunately as long as you allow notification popups they will raise the Panel, so disabling the popups should just work.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
vestrond
Registered Member
Same problem for me. I want to see notifications but also never want to auto-show taskbar when notification appeared. That's because taskbar will be always visible while I wouldn't open the application. :-\ :-\

Is it possible?
eiseneuter
Registered Member
Cairo Dock from the official repositories seems to be a neat alternative taskbar, if you like it with only symbols. It has many options and drag & drop works nice.
vise
Registered Member
Hi all,

I have the same problem and it wasn't solved by disabling the popups like Mamarok suggested.

A workaround, unfortunately Telegram-specific, that worked for me disabling "Draw attention to the window" in the telegram Settings > Notifications > Notifications for chats. Perhaps other applications may have similar settings of their on?