This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Desktop behaviour - Animation speed

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kde-dom
Registered Member

Desktop behaviour - Animation speed

Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:12 pm
Hi all!

I set animation speed in system settings > Desktop Behaviour but it seems ignore it.

How to resolve it?

KDE Plasma Version: 5.19.2
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.71.0
Qt Version: 5.15.0
Kernel Version: 5.6.19_1
kde-dom
Registered Member
Anyone has ideas?
It's strange. The animation is too fast, i'd want lower
regards
Mamarok
Manager
OS
This of course depends on the type of animation, but also depends on the speed of your computer, with a fast one you will have to set the animation speed to "low" to see a difference.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
kde-dom
Registered Member
Mamarok wrote:This of course depends on the type of animation, but also depends on the speed of your computer, with a fast one you will have to set the animation speed to "low" to see a difference.

I know how to do, but the problem is that ignore animation speed setting.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
which specific animation are you talking about?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
kde-dom
Registered Member
Mamarok wrote:which specific animation are you talking about?

for example:

System setting > Desktop effect > Magic lamp
Mamarok
Manager
OS
The animation speed settings work for me, but I am on a different Plasma version. I suggest you report this as a regression to https://bugs.kde.org

kde-dom
Registered Member
Mamarok wrote:The animation speed settings work for me, but I am on a different Plasma version. I suggest you report this as a regression to https://bugs.kde.org

Ok.
thanks
regards
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Please do not forget to give a link to the bug report here so others can follow.

kde-dom
Registered Member
jonzn4suse
Registered Member
OS
kde-dom wrote:
Mamarok wrote:which specific animation are you talking about?

for example:

System setting > Desktop effect > Magic lamp

You mentioned "Magic Lamp", but in your bug report you mentioned the Animation speed slider.

Did you make the change here... ???

https://paste.opensuse.org/16061489