This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to remove Firefox icon from panel?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mireiner
Registered Member
Hi there,

on KDE Plasma 5.19.2 how to remove the Firefox icon from panel? I'm able to remove any other application icon from the panel but right clicking on Firefox's icon there's no removal option.
jonzn4suse
Registered Member
OS
A screenshot of where you are referring to would be nice.
kde-delta
Registered Member
mireiner wrote:on KDE Plasma 5.19.2 how to remove the Firefox icon from panel? I'm able to remove any other application icon from the panel but right clicking on Firefox's icon there's no removal option.

You could try to remove the entry manually. Have a look at the file ~/.config/menus/applications-kmenuedit.menu .
Mamarok
Manager
OS
kde-delta wrote:You could try to remove the entry manually. Have a look at the file ~/.config/menus/applications-kmenuedit.menu .

They are talking about the Panel, not the menu... although I am a bit uncertain as well, whether they mean the Task Manager or something else...

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...