This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Selecting a menu entry

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
lopa
Registered Member

Selecting a menu entry

Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:23 am
Until now a drop down menu bar entry of any KDE application could be selected in two different ways: 1) by pressing down mouse button 1 on the menu button, dragging the cursor down and releasing the mouse button on the target menu entry or 2) by clicking on the menu button, moving the cursor down and clicking on the target menu entry. I'm using OpenSuse Tumbleweed and after the last update, only method 2) is working. Keeping the mouse button pressed and releasing it on a menu entry doesn't have an effect any more. How can I restore the old behavior? I can't find a way to do this in systemsettings.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Selecting a menu entry

Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:46 am
By "latest update" I presume you talk about Plasma 5.19.x ? Please always specify which exact Plasma version you are talking about, this varies enormously between distributions.
And if this is indeed about Plasma 5.19.x, please report any regression to https://bugs.kde.org, the forum is the wrong place for this.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
lopa
Registered Member

Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:33 am
Hi Mamarok,

thanks for your answer. My Plasma-Version is 5.19.2. Before I report this issue as a bug, I wanted to be sure that it isn't a planed new behavior that can be changed by a simple configuration option. Therefore I posted my question to this forum first.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:57 pm
I have no idea if it is a planned change, by reporting this in the bug tracker you will more likely get that answer. All unexpected changes not in the https://kde.org/announcements/plasma-5. ... -changelog should go to the bugtracker.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
sjutradanyg
Registered Member

Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:19 am
Mamarok wrote:I have no idea if it is a planned change, by reporting this in the bug tracker you will more likely get that answer. All unexpected changes not in the https://kde.org/announcements/plasma-5. ... -changelog should go to the bugtracker.

My Plasma-Version is 5.19.2. Before I report this issue as a bug, I wanted to be sure that it isn't a planed new behavior that can be changed by a simple configuration option. Therefore I posted my question to this forum first.