This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

task manager unhides panel when program requires attention

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
lvm
Registered Member
Task manager is located on the autohide panel. If some program requires attention and the panel is hidden it pops up. Is there a way to disable this behaviour? 5.12.9
Mamarok
Manager
OS
did you try disabling notifications completely?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
lvm
Registered Member
Sorry, I was unclear - I am talking not about system tray notifications but about 'mark taskbar entry' notification from running programs - the one which causes the task manager entry to be highlighted. Unfortunately for some (all GTK?) programs this type of notification cannot be configured in System Settings-Personalisation-Notifications, they are missing from the list but still can create this type of notification and cause the panel to pop up. Ideally I don't want to miss them completely, I just don't like them to be so intrusive - highlighted but without panel popping up.