This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Media Frame Widget Flickering

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
emilatsea
Registered Member

Media Frame Widget Flickering

Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:14 am
So, I've returned to KDE after a few years with XFCE and the polish and stability upgrades are very nice, especially with all the desktop effects. But, I seem to be having an issue where the media frame widget flickers, but only with some photos and not with others. Is this something to do with the fact that I'm making the widget resize the photos to fit the frame? Or perhaps it's even the titles of the images, I'm not completely sure what the issue is, but was wondering if anyone else has encountered the same issue or if it is a known issue (I tried the search, with little results except from years ago on memory leaks which don't seem to be a problem now).

EDIT: I should clarify this is probably only an issue for those using the media frame to display multiple images, not just one, as it just blinks on the refresh.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Media Frame Widget Flickering

Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:34 am
which exact Plasma version and distribution do you use?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
emilatsea
Registered Member

Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:13 am
Mamarok wrote:which exact Plasma version and distribution do you use?

I am currently using the Manjaro KDE distro (official 20.0.3) on Plasma 5.18.5. It's a bit strange because the photos will load in fine, but flicker right before they are fully loaded.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:45 am
I must admit I never used the widget before, tried this now and can confirm the flickering on picture change. I suggest filing a bug on https://bugs.kde.org/enter_bug.cgi?prod ... sma-addons for the component "Media Frame"

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
emilatsea
Registered Member

Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:32 pm
Danke Mamarok! Glad to hear it's not just my install, bug reported.