This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Switch user doesn't work on OpenSuSE 15.2 and KDE plasma

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
akeblomberg
Registered Member
I Just installed OpenSuSE 15.2 on a Presario PC, 4GB, KDE Plasma.
Everything seems to work except "switch user".
I have two users and can login separately on each, no problem.

I click on "Lock Screen" and on the new screen I click
on "Switch User". Black screen results.

"Control-Alt-f7" will take be back to the previous session,
but if I try "Lock Screen" and "Switch User" again the mouse
is dead and everything hangs.

Thanks for a hint.

Also posted in OpenSuSE forums.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Could you please specify the exact Plasma version? There are so many different distributions out there, keeping track which version ships which Plasma version is almost impossible...

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
akeblomberg
Registered Member
Quote from the OpenSuSE ~15.2 documents:
KDE
This release uses KDE’s Plasma 5.18 Long-Term-Support version.
akeblomberg
Registered Member
Ah, kinfocenter told me
KDE Plasma Version: 5.18.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.71.0
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Oh, interesting, I can confirm this, and I think this is definitely a bug. Since I don't normally switch users (and I guess most devs don't, either) this must have slipped from attention.

Could you please report this on https://bugs.kde.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=plasmashell for the component "Lock/Logout" and give the bug number here so I can confirm this, as I use the same version.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
akeblomberg
Registered Member
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Thank you, trying to get a backtrace, but the computer completely crashes, can't even access a shell anymore