This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Save and load files using non-QT applications

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ziordia
Registered Member
Hello. I like Plasma Desktop a lot. But I find a problem with it, that I do not know how to solve, and for me is very important because it affects a lot to my productivity.
I know Plasma Desktop is very well integrated with most QT applications; but it does not happen the same with GTK applications. GTK applications like Firefox, Libreoffice, Thunderbird...
I have defined a complex structure of files and folders. For instance: /home/user/projects/active-projects/name-of-the-project/images-of-the-project
When I want to save or load a file using a non-QT application, I cannot use the favorite places I have defined in the "left side" of Dolphin. I am offered just "home", "user" and I have to go step by step through the full path. I want to use the favorites defined in Dolphin to save a lot of working time. If I cannot do this, I cannot use Plasma for work.
Probably it is simple to solve. Or maybe the solution is just to use QT applications for everything; but I am not going to do that.
I have found this problem with: Firefox - Chrome - Thunderbird - Visual Studio Code - Gthumb (I know Chrome has an extension to solve it).

Thanks a lot for your help.