This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Logout + Login Causes Workspace to Disappear

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
djoedev
Registered Member
Newer user, running Manjaro KDE but posting here because I thought this would have more to do with KDE.

Whenever I logout, and log back in my notifications/system tray icons get very small. Then on second logout, the desktop workspace disappears and it opens all apps i had minimized, and does not display their titlebars so i can't click to close them. No keyboard commands seem to work either so i just forcibly shut down my system by holding power button. Fun!

Things to note:

- I have a 4k display
    - I recently installed a KDE plasma theme by following this popular youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86ro5Q0Fi34
    - Ran into an issue with Yakuake dropdown terminal not being centered on my 4k screen - it was pushed to the left side of the screen. I read some posts which led me to mess around with QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR, PLASMA_USE_QT_SCALING, and /etc/sddm.conf
    - I was not successful in fixing the Yakuake bug, but i was able to right-align my top panel instead of center, and that allowed yakuake to work so i was content with that workaround. I'm not sure if i reverted all of the scaling commands back to their defaults. I kind of rushed through it like a noob.
    - I also don't know if any of the above had anything to do with this logout bug (because i don't typically logout - i just reboot and lock the desktop - its only logout/login that makes it go berserk) but i noticed this bug after making some above changes and im not sure if the scaling factor changes anything to do with this logout bug but i thought it would be helpful to mention because of the small scaling of icons on the first logout before it crashes completely on the second logout

Anything I can check, post, or revert to default to try to get my logouts fixed? Thanks!
Mamarok
Manager
OS
exact Plasma version?
What did you change before logging out?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...