This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

PrograDefault KDE Menu & Latte

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
samidon
Registered Member

PrograDefault KDE Menu & Latte

Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:31 am
Hello there :)
I have a question if I may. I've done on KaOS 1 top panel and Dock using Latte. I've added default KDE Menu, but unfortunately there is no option such as "show substitutes" in whichc there is somethign called "Apllication dashboard" (or program table?). There is only 1 menu and no option to change it. Is there a way to do it or Latte make it impossible?
/Thanks in advance for Your help/ reply!
/samidon
rhettoracle
Registered Member

Re: PrograDefault KDE Menu & Latte

Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:47 pm
Hey there! What you can do is right-click an empty are of the top bar and choose the "Add Panel" option. The first option "Application Menu Bar" will create a normal application launching bar like the default one, with system tray, etc. The second option will create a bar/panel that just shows the running applications. The last option creates an empty bar/panel the same size as the default, but that gives you a blank canvas to customize yourself. There are a ton of options to play with. When you right-click a bar/panel and choose "Edit Panel", you get options for size, the ability to drag it to a screen edge, and all kinds of stuff. Ypu can add widgets as well by choosing that option from a right-click and dragging them to the bar/panel (You can put them on the desktop too, if you'd like). Hope that helps!
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: PrograDefault KDE Menu & Latte

Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:28 pm
rhettoracle wrote:Hey there! What you can do is ...

you obviously didn't understand the question, this is about Latte Dock.

Unfortunately there is nothing I can help with, here, I used to try Latte but it doesn't fit my needs and removed it.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...