This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How best to tell KDE developers to be more cautious

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
bkorb
Registered Member
OS
It isn't any fun to have long standing behavior suddenly fail leaving one to figure out what Google terms to use to find out what to do to correct strange behavior. I've long used the task bar to select a task and go to the appropriate desktop. Except somebody decided that it would be better to only show the tasks that I can see on my desktop. Somebody was wrong. Somebody ought to think more carefully about yanking rugs out from people, please!
claydoh
Registered Member
OS
As long as I can remember, this has been a Task Manager setting. The option is still there to show all tasks , and there are actually more options now, I think. Un-checking all the options will make all applications show.

claydoh, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct, and KDE user since 2001
bkorb
Registered Member
OS
I know. Now. But I had to conjure up the right search expression to find the answer. It only took three tries this time. Other times, my conjuring skills weren't up to the task. So, my complaint is that the upgrade upended the customary behavior and made me stop what I was doing in order to hunt down, "How do I make it work the way I need it to?" I'd like to encourage the KDE developers to think about that instead of "How can I make this be better by default for my tastes?"