This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Problem with screenpad

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
aldelafu
Registered Member

Problem with screenpad

Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:20 pm
Same problem here, with the Kubuntu 20.06. I’ve installed it yesterday, and first I had problems with the kscreen2, that I finally had to disable, and after a massive update, I’ve started to have problems with the panels. It basically disappear everything from the desktop, and then after stopping and starting back Plasmashell a couple of times, panels are back. It has happened twice.
If someone could tell me what kind of information is needed to see what may be happening, I’ll be happy to provide it.
Regards
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Panel disappeared

Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:19 pm
As mentioned before: please follow this on the bug report.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
aldelafu
Registered Member

Re: Panel disappeared

Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:42 pm
Hi Mamarok,
If it helps, I realized that in my case, strictly, it is not bug. It is the screenpad of the Asus laptop, which is a touchpad with a touch screen (like a smart phone), so the main screen is acting like a secondary screen while the screenpad is considered as the main screen.
It if fixed by switching the [ScreenConnectors] in plasmashellrc file, that is in in the ~/.config folder, then restarting the plasma (kquitapp5 plasmashell && kstart5 plasmashell &)
Thanks

Mamarok wrote:As mentioned before: please follow this on the bug report.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Problem with screenpad

Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:15 pm
Right, that is a totally different issue, I split your posts of in a new topic. I still suggest filing this as an informative bug, as screenpads are getting more common, so maybe a different configuration is needed in the future.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...